How to Remove Apps From Android
Removing apps from your Android device can help free up storage room and enhance the performance of your device. It can also declutter your home screen and app drawer, making it easier to find the apps you use most frequently.
This article will suggest how to remove apps from your Android device easily. Whether you want to uninstall a pre-installed app or a third-party app that you have downloaded from the Google Play Store, the process is straightforward and only requires a few taps.
When to Remove Apps from Android
There are a few situations in which you may want to consider removing apps from your Android device. Below we will discuss some of the situations:
1. Unused Apps Clogging up Memory
Having a lot of unused apps on your Android device can slow down its performance and take up valuable storage space. These apps may continue to run in the background and consume resources, even if you are not actively using them.
2. Apps Draining Battery Power
Certain apps on your Android device may consume a lot of battery power, leading to shorter battery life. If you detect that your device’s battery is depleting faster than usual, it may be worth checking which apps use the most power.
To accomplish this, go to your device’s “Settings” menu and select “Battery.” This will offer you an index of apps that utilize the most battery capacity. If you see an app you don’t use frequently or think is using too much battery power, you may want to consider removing it from your device. Removing the app can help improve your device’s battery life and overall performance.
3. Security Risks Associated with Outdated Apps
Outdated apps can pose a security risk to your Android device. As app developers release updates to their apps, they often include security patches to fix vulnerabilities that have been discovered. If you are using an outdated version of an app, you may be missing out on these important security updates.
One way that attackers can exploit vulnerabilities in outdated apps is by using malware that targets those vulnerabilities. Once the malware is installed on your device, it can steal sensitive information, such as login credentials and financial data, or it can give the attacker unauthorized access to your device. It is vital to keep all of the apps on your Android device up to date to reduce the risk of security vulnerabilities.
Also Read: How to Remove Sim Card From Android
Different Methods for Removing Apps from Android Devices
There are occasionally so many processes you can operate to remove apps from your Android device. Here are the most common methods:
1. Uninstall Through Google Play Store
To uninstall an app via the Google Play Store, follow these procedures:
- First, you need to open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device.
- Then Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the Android device screen.
- Click “My apps & games.”
- In the “Installed” tab, locate the app you like to uninstall.
- Press on the app to see its details.
- Press “Uninstall” and confirm.
- After that, the app and all associated data will be uninstalled from your mobile.
It is important to note that uninstalling an app will completely delete the app and all of its data from your device. Pre-installed apps and system apps cannot be uninstalled, but they can be disabled (which will prevent them from running and consuming resources on your device).
Also Read: How to install Lineage OS on your Android Devices
2. Uninstall from Android’s System Settings
To remove an app from your Android device using the “Settings” menu, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device
- Tap “Apps & notifications.”
- In the “All apps” tab, find the app you like to delete.
- Click the app to unlock its details page.
- Tap “Uninstall.”
- Assure that you like to uninstall the app by tapping “OK.”
- The app will be deleted from your mobile, but any data associated with the app will not be deleted.
This method can be used to remove most third-party apps that you have downloaded from the Google Play Store, as well as some pre-installed apps.
3. Uninstall from App Menu
To remove an app from your Android device using the app menu, follow these steps:
- Go to the app menu on your Android device.
- Long-press on the icon of the app you like to delete.
- Press “Delete/Uninstall” and confirm the operation.
These are the best ways to remove apps from your Android device. If you want to learn more about removing and disabling apps on android, check out this article.
In conclusion, removing apps from an Android device is a simple process that can be accomplished through the device’s settings or through the Google Play Store. It is important to keep in mind that removing an app will also remove any associated data. So,it is always a good idea to carefully consider the consequences of removing an app before proceeding.