How Do I Cancel Apple Music
Apple Music is a widely used streaming service that provides millions of songs, playlists, and podcasts for users to access. However, there are times when users might want to cancel their subscriptions. It could be because they no longer need it, want to switch to a different service, or simply want to save money.
Whatever the reason, cancelling Apple Music is a straightforward process, but it’s essential to do it correctly to avoid being charged after the subscription period ends. In this post, we will provide a step-by-step guide to cancelling Apple Music on different devices and address some common issues that users might encounter.
How to Cancel Apple Music Easily?
Learn how to cancel Apple Music by following the steps below:
- Visit music.apple.com.
- Select Sign In from the top of the page. If it’s not visible, skip this.
- Click on the account icon. Select Settings.
- Navigate to Subscriptions and click on Manage.
- Select or click on the option to cancel the subscription.
Also Read: How to Set up Echo Dot
Common Issues and Troubleshooting While Canceling Apple Music
Cancelling Apple Music is usually a smooth process, but there are some issues that users might encounter. Below are some frequently encountered issues and their respective solutions:
- Can’t find the “Cancel Subscription” option: This could be because the subscription period hasn’t ended yet. If that is the case, you will have to wait until the end of the period to terminate it. Alternatively, you could check if the subscription was started through a different device, such as a Mac or PC, and cancel it there instead.
- Unable to access the “Subscriptions” section: This could be because you’re not signed in with the correct Apple ID or your subscription is managed by someone else in your family sharing group. If that’s the case, you would need to contact the person who manages the subscription or Apple support for assistance.
- Still being charged after cancelling: This could be because you cancelled the subscription too late or there was a billing issue. In that case, you would need to contact Apple support for assistance.
What Happens After Canceling Apple Music
After cancelling Apple Music, you won’t have access to the service’s features, including songs, playlists, and podcasts. However, your library and playlists will still be available, and you can still listen to the music you downloaded or purchased before cancelling the subscription.
Please be aware that once you cancel, you will lose the ability to stream or download any new content. Additionally, any songs that were added to your library through Apple Music won’t be playable anymore, and you’ll need to purchase them separately if you want to keep them.
If you’re cancelling Apple Music to switch to a different service, there are several alternatives to choose from, including Spotify, Amazon Music, Tidal, and YouTube Music. Each of these services offers its own unique features and benefits, so it’s worth researching and comparing them to find the best one for your needs.
Also Read: How to Find AirPods When Offline
Factors to Consider Canceling Apple Music
Several factors can lead to someone wanting to cancel their Apple Music subscription, including:
- Cost: Apple Music is a paid subscription service, and some users may find that the cost is not worth it, especially if they don’t use the service frequently.
- Found a better alternative: Some users may have found another music streaming service that suits their needs better, or they may have decided to switch to a free music service.
- Not using it enough: If a user is not using Apple Music enough to justify the cost, they may want to cancel their subscription to save money.
- Technical issues: If a user is experiencing technical issues with Apple Music, they may want to cancel their subscription until the issues are resolved.
- Changing interests: Sometimes, a user’s musical tastes may change over time, and they may no longer find Apple Music to be the best option for their preferences.
How to Check if Your Apple Music Subscription is Canceled?
To confirm the cancellation of your Apple Music subscription, access the Music app on your iOS device, then select the “For You” tab or click on your account name at the top of the window on your Mac or PC.
Still, if you see the option to subscribe to Apple Music or access Apple Music content, it’s possible that your cancellation didn’t go through. In this case, you may need to check your subscription status in your Apple ID settings or contact Apple support for assistance.
Cancelling your Apple Music subscription is a simple process that can be completed in just a few easy steps. Whether you’re looking to save money, switch to a different music streaming service, or just aren’t using it enough, cancelling your Apple Music subscription is an easy way. We hope this guide helped you learn how to cancel your Apple Music subscription on your iOS device.