Losing your AirPods can be a frustrating experience, especially if you don’t have access to the internet to help locate them. But don’t brood; there are multiple methods to locate your misplaced offline AirPods.
In this blog post, we’ll go through a step-by-step guide on how to find your AirPods when they are not connected to the internet. Whether you’ve mislaid them in your house or they have fallen out of your ears while on a walk, we’ll help you track them down and reunite you with your beloved AirPods.
What are the Methods for Locating Offline AirPods?
Go with the following methods to help you get your lost AirPods.
Checking the Find My App
The Find My app is a built-in tool on all Apple devices that can help you locate lost AirPods. If you have “Find My” enabled on your AirPods, you can use the app to see their last known location. To utilise the app, simply launch it on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and choose your AirPods from the device list.
However, if your AirPods are not connected, you won’t be able to determine their current location. In this case, you can still use the app to play a sound from your AirPods, which can help you locate them if they’re nearby. To do this, select your AirPods from the list of devices and tap “Play Sound.”
Searching AirPods Using a PC
You can also locate your AirPods using your PC by logging into the iCloud website and clicking on the Find My app. This function will display the previously known location of your AirPods on a map. In addition to seeing the location of your AirPods, you can also use the iCloud website to put your AirPods into Lost Mode, causing them to play a loud sound if they’re within range of any of your Apple devices.
Using another Apple Device
If you have another Apple device, such as an iPhone or iPad, you can use it to find your lost AirPods. Just sign in to the Find My app on the device, and you’ll be able to view the previously known location of your AirPods on a map. You can also use the Find My app to put your AirPods into Lost Mode, causing them to play a loud sound if they’re within range of any of your Apple devices.
Using the AirPods Pro Case
If your AirPods are in the charging case, you can use the case to help you find them. The AirPods Pro case has a built-in LED light that flashes when the case is opened, making it easier to locate your AirPods. You can also use the Find My app on another Apple device to put your AirPods into Lost Mode, causing the LED light on the case to flash more rapidly.
Also Read: How to Disable Incognito Mode on Android
Precautionary Steps to Secure Your AirPods and Avoid Loss
Here are some precautionary steps you can take to safeguard your AirPods and prevent misplacement:
- Keep track of your AirPods: Always keep an eye on your AirPods and make sure you know where they are at all times.
- Store them in a safe place: When not in use, store your AirPods in a safe place, such as the charging case.
- Use ear hooks: If you’re prone to losing your AirPods, consider using ear hooks to keep them securely in place.
- Label the case: Consider labelling the AirPods charging case to help you quickly identify it if it gets mixed up with someone else’s.
- Enable the Find My app: Make sure the Find My app is enabled on your iPhone or iPad and that your AirPods are connected to your Apple ID. This will allow you to locate your AirPods if they ever get lost.
- Keep the charging case charged: Regularly charging the AirPods charging case will ensure that the AirPods are always ready to be located using the Find My app.
By following these tips, you can reduce the chances of losing your AirPods and ensure that you can easily find them if they do get lost.
Also Read: How to Remove Sim Card From Android
To summarise, misplacing your AirPods can be annoying, but there are multiple methods for locating them, even when they are disconnected. Whether you use the Find My app, another Apple device, the AirPods Pro case, or other tips and tricks, you should be able to locate your lost AirPods. Remember always to enable “Find My” on your AirPods to make it easier to find them in the future.