How to Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone
Voicemail is a useful feature that allows you to receive and listen to recorded messages when you cannot answer your phone. However, sometimes you may not want to use voicemail, either because you prefer to handle missed calls in another way or because you simply don’t need the feature.
This article will demonstrate how to turn off voicemail on your iPhone. We’ll go through the necessary steps to make the process easier for you. By the end of this article, you’ll know how to disable voicemail on your iPhone and have the option to handle missed calls in a way that works best for you.
Why Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone
You might want to deactivate voicemail on your iPhone for several reasons. Here are a few examples:
- You don’t use voicemail: If you rarely or never use voicemail, it might make sense to turn it off. This way, you can avoid the hassle of checking your voicemail and dealing with unnecessary messages.
- You have an alternative method for handling missed calls: If you prefer to use a different method for handling missed calls, such as forwarding them to another number or using an app for voicemail transcription, you may want to turn off voicemail.
- You’re experiencing issues with voicemail: If you’re having problems with your voicemail, such as difficulty accessing messages or receiving error messages, turning off voicemail may be a good solution.
- You want to save money: Depending on your phone plan, you may be charged for voicemail usage. In this case, turning off voicemail can help reduce your monthly phone bill if you want to save money.
Keep in mind that turning off voicemail will prevent you from receiving any voicemails, so make sure to only do this if you do not want to receive voicemails at all.
How to Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone by Dialing a Code
The easiest route to deactivate voicemail on your iPhone is by dialling a specific code. This method works for most phone carriers and only takes a few seconds. Here’s what you require to do:
- Navigate to the Phone app (the one you use for calling) on your device.
- Dial *#61# to display the voicemail mailbox number on your screen. Make note of this number.
- Now navigate to Settings > Phone. After that, find and click on Call Forwarding and switch on the feature.
- Dial #004# to deactivate voicemail. You will witness the status of the voicemail on your screen. Tap on “Dismiss” to complete the process.
That’s it! You have successfully deactivated voicemail on your iPhone.
How to Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone by Contacting Your Carrier
To turn off voicemail on your iPhone by contacting your carrier, follow these steps:
- Contact your mobile carrier’s customer service by calling their customer service number or reaching out to them through their online support portal.
For your convenience, here are the contact details for some of the major carriers:
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- T-Mobile: 1-877-453-1304
- Sprint: 888-211-4727
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- Explain to the support representative that you want to turn off voicemail on your iPhone. They will ask for your account information and verify your identity before proceeding.
- The representative will then disable voicemail on your account and confirm that the service has been turned off. Done!
If you ever want to switch voicemail back on, simply contact your carrier again and request to have the service re-enabled.
Also Read: How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 13
Can I disable voicemail on my iPhone permanently?
It is possible to turn off voicemail on your iPhone permanently, but this may not be possible with all carriers. To find out whether you can turn off voicemail permanently on your iPhone, contact your mobile carrier’s customer service and ask.
What happens if I disable it on my iPhone?
If you turn off voicemail on your iPhone, incoming calls will no longer be able to be forwarded to your voicemail mailbox. Instead, the calls will either go directly to your phone as missed calls or be forwarded to another number, depending on your call-forwarding settings.
Can I turn it off without contacting my carrier?
It is possible to turn off voicemail on your iPhone without contacting your carrier by dialling or disabling the voicemail feature within the phone’s settings.
Also Read: How to Send a Voice Message on iPhone
Voicemail is great, however, if you don’t require it, disabling it is a breeze. We hope this write-up responded to your queries about how to deactivate voicemail on an iPhone. If you still have queries, reach out to your mobile provider’s customer service team for extra information and support. All the best!