With the current global situation, video calls have become essential to staying connected with loved ones, colleagues, and classmates. Apple’s FaceTime is a widely used video calling app, but it’s limited to Apple devices. So, What is the options if you wish to video call someone utilizing an Android phone?
However, there’s no need to worry if you want to video call someone using an Android device.. In this blog post, we will cover how to make a video call between an iPhone and an Android device, despite the limitations of FaceTime.
How to FaceTime Between iPhone and Android?
Connecting process of FaceTime is mentioned below step-by-step:
1. Launch the FaceTime application on your handheld device.
2. Select “Create Link.”
3. A screen will appear with the title “FaceTime Link.” You can give your chat a name by clicking “Add Name.”
4. On that display, you will come across choices to distribute the connection via messaging, emailing, instant messaging, WhatsApp, Twitter, scheduling, or various applications on your cellular devic. As an alternative, you can manually copy and paste the link.
5. To join the call, click on the name of the chat you recently established and opt for ‘Join.’.”
6. When someone using an Android or Windows device clicks the link, they will be taken to a waiting room. You can admit them to the call by tapping the checkmark next to their name.
Best Practices for a Smooth FaceTime Experience
Here are some best practices for ensuring a smooth FaceTime experience between an iPhone and an Android device:
- Make sure both devices have a strong and stable internet connection. This can be achieved through a reliable Wi-Fi network or a strong cellular data connection.
- Check that the front-facing camera and microphone on both devices are functioning correctly. This is important for clear and audible audio and video during the call.
- Ensure that both the iPhone and Android gadgets are fully charged or connected to a power source during the call to prevent any unforeseen disruptions.
- Test the video call before initiating it with the person on the other end. This will allow you to check the video and audio quality and make any necessary adjustments.
- If possible, find a quiet and well-lit location to make the call. This will enhance the overall experience and make it easier to communicate effectively.
- Use headphones for audio and/or video calls if available, as this will improve the sound quality and reduce any background noise.
Ensure that the FaceTime alternative app on the Android device is up-to-date to avoid compatibility issues.
Also Read: How to Make Your Phone Vibrate
Why Is FaceTime Better than Other Video Chatting Options?
FaceTime has several advantages, making it a better choice than other usual video chatting options. Here are several factors that make FaceTime superior:
- High-Quality Video and Audio: FaceTime provides high-quality video and audio with little to no lag or interruption. This makes FaceTime a great choice for people who want to have a clear and detailed video chat experience.
- User-Friendly Interface: FaceTime has a simple and intuitive user interface that makes initiating and participating in video chats easy. This is particularly advantageous for individuals who are not technologically inclined.
- Integration with Apple Devices: FaceTime is integrated with Apple devices, meaning that it is easy to initiate and participate in video chats from iPhones, iPads, and Macs.
- End-to-End Encryption: FaceTime uses end-to-end encryption to protect the privacy and security of users during video chats. This means that video chats are protected from hacking and data theft.
Are there Any Drawbacks to FaceTime?
Although FaceTime boasts several strengths, it also has some drawbacks worth contemplating:
- Limited Availability: FaceTime is only available on Apple devices, meaning that users who do not have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac cannot use the platform. This can limit the potential user base and make it difficult for people to connect with others who do not have Apple devices.
- No Cross-Platform Support: FaceTime does not have cross-platform support, meaning that users cannot make video calls between Apple and non-Apple devices. This can disadvantage people who want to connect with others who use different operating systems.
Also Read: How Do I Find My AirPods
Facetime between iPhone and Android is not a natively supported function, causing inconvenience for those looking to connect with friends and family using Android devices. This post offers a detailed guide on how to FaceTime from an iPhone to an Android, including setting up FaceTime on the iPhone and establishing a connection between the two devices. Following these steps, you can now connect with anyone, regardless of their device, and experience hassle-free video calls.