An .edu email is an email address provided to students and staff by an institution, school, or college. The students admitted to the U.S. colleges or universities generally receive this type of email.
But what if you’re not a student at a university/college or your educational institution doesn’t offer it and is still looking for a free .edu email.
In this guide, you’ll learn a complete guide to creating .edu emails for free, even if you’re not a student.
In fact, these are the same strategies that allow you to generate Edu emails for free.
Why create an .edu email address?
Many companies offer free services and offer EDU emails that benefit college and students. Since educational institutions or universities provide these e-mail addresses, students receive various offers and services free of charge.
Here are the top 5 companies that offer free deals on .edu emails:
Autodesk provided the students with a large number of free software licenses, which is very beneficial for them. Register with your edu e-mail address on their website and download the licenses and software for free.
You can log in to Autodesk’s official website and select “Education Community” from the drop-down menu on the right.
You will be asked to enter certain details on the next page such as country, date of birth, educational status, etc. To complete your registration process, you will need to enter your credentials, college/university, etc. After that, you will receive a confirmation email from Autodesk and you can download the free software.
2. Google G Suite for Education
With the privilege of receiving 5 TB of data storage, students can sign up for the G Suite Education account through Google.
This is an amazing benefit for the students who have an EDU email account that helps them store a wealth of ebooks, videos, images, and many more articles without having to worry about storage space.
3. Microsoft Office and Azure
Microsoft offers students and teachers various free software, including Office 365, for edu account holders. A student can get an Azure student account with a free balance of $100.
4. Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime offers college students a 6-month free Prime trial period. Various special offers and discounts are also offered.
5. Github Student Developer Pack
You can also request the Github Student Developer Pack and get up to $1000 for free with this package. Github offers students various other benefits that they experience with the EDU email account.
How to create a .edu email for free
Method 1: Create a free Edu email on OpenCCC
- Go to Openccc for the free edu email address.
- Tap Start creating an Edu email account.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, enter your information correctly.
- If not, you can enter random details or use the Fake Address Generator to generate fake information about a California person.
- Enter your first name and last name. Select I don’t have the middle name Have a first name – No, Have a first name – No.
- Make sure you enter the age between 20 and 23 to be eligible to receive an EDU email. If the incorrect name you generated is older than 23 years, decrease it.
- Select Yes, I have a social security number or taxpayer identification number and enter it from fake information.
- Enter your email address and U.S. phone number. If you don’t have a U.S. phone number, open the phone number generator to get it. Also leave the second phone number blank.
- Specify your permanent address from the address you generated, and then click Next. If it says The street address you entered does not appear to be a valid address then check the box that you have confirmed the address.
- Select username and password for your account. For added security, create a 4-digit personal identification number (PIN).
- Select any security questions and tap Create my account.
- Now click on Apply now and select any university from the list.
- Fill in all other details, tick all the boxes and click Send my application.
Now wait a few days, and you will then receive your login details on your email ID. So you can create a free EDU email.
Method 2: Edu Email Generator
- Open the EDU Email Generator from GSMNP in your browser.
- You will be asked to enter your personal email address.
- After that, tap the Create button.
- In a few days you will receive an Edu email account for free.
Final Words: I hope you can now easily generate an Edu email ID after reading this article. If you have any questions or suggestions about this article, feel free to comment on them below.