You love to wear your Apple Watch as it is a piece of good technology with good features. However, if you do not charge, you are left with an expensive show that you do not use. Recently, we saw a number of complaints about charging issues on the Apple Watch after installing watchOS 8.3.
Before you panic you wonder ‘why the Apple Watch is not charging?’ Follow this guide and see how you can fix this problem effectively.
If your Apple Watch does not charge or it won’t turn on
Try the steps below if you need help Apple Watch does not charge or can’t charge your Apple Watch Here are 7 solutions to fix it.
Apple Watch Not Charging: Here are 7 solutions to fix it :
If you are using a third-party charging or charger stand, use a boxed charging cable with your Apple Watch.
If your Apple Watch does not charge you or you see a message on your watch that charging with this device is not supported:
Step: 1. Reset your Apple Watch
Power reset will give new pressure to watchOS. This will also take care of software level errors that may arise during normal use.
To hard reset your Apple Watch, press the Side button and Digital Crown together. Leave the buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Step: 2. Remove the Apple Watch protection case
Are you using a protective case that covers the entire back of your Apple Watch? If so, please remove it. There should be no interference between the back of the clock and the charging connector.
If you have not already removed the plastic wrap on both sides of the Apple Watch magnet charger, please do so.
Additionally, make sure that dirt does not cause discomfort. To clean the back of the watch and charger, use a soft, dry cloth and gently wipe the surface.
Step: 3. Check that the charging cable is not damaged
Check for incorrect charging cable. Make sure it is properly connected. Adjust device placement and check if it is charging. Next, make sure the charging cord is not damaged when the charging cable is burned or disconnected, install a real Apple Watch charger.
Step: 4. Clean charging contacts
Over time, lint-like debris accumulates when the victims are charged. Trash can slow down the charging speed or prevent charging from occurring. Hold the earbud and clean the contact. In addition, clean the back and front of the Apple Watch. Consider the use of alcohol-based cleaners.
Step: 5. Try a different Apple Watch charger
Before we go to a complete wipe, it makes sense to check a few basics.
- Make sure you use the first charger and connector that comes in the box with the Apple Watch.
- Check the cable for physical damage.
- The problem may be with the charger. Consider using a second charger to ensure more.
- Make sure USB is properly connected to a power adapter or computer.
Step: 6. Fix problems with charging Apple Watch in watchOS 8.3
Many users have begun to face the problem of apple watchOS 8 battery charging after upgrading to watchOS 8.3. The Apple Watch 7 charges well with the original Apple charger. However, charging stops while using external chargers.
Apple Watch users face a similar problem with many third-party chargers. Redditor suspects Apple may be killing support for Apple Watch’s third-party charger. With an external company charger, the clock stops charging after a while. It starts charging again after restarting the Apple Watch.
Interestingly, some users face the same problem with Apple charging pucks. Meanwhile, some have noticed a decrease in charging speed. Charging problem can be a software bug. Hopefully Apple will fix it in future updates. Until then, you can use the charger provided by Apple with the Apple Watch 7.
Step: 7. Wipe your Apple Watch and set it up again
Does your Apple Watch not charge despite following the above solutions and recommendations?
In that case, completely erase the Apple Watch and set it up again. This will delete everything in your current watch, including any custom settings.
To Factory Reset the Apple Watch, press the digital crown to see all apps. From here, tap the Settings icon → General → Reset.
Now, tap Clear All Content and Settings → Delete All. Type the passcode to view and confirm.
Once the complete reset is complete, you will need to pair (reset) your Apple Watch again.
Here are some ways in which having your Apple Watch can charge again effectively. In the event that this article does not work well for you, contact Apple Support, and learn about your repair options.
See if your Apple Watch is charging
When you connect your Apple Watch to a cable with its charging power, you should see a bright green lightning bolt on the screen.
When your watch needs to be charged, a red lightning bolt appears on the screen. (You may need to click on the sidebar to see the face of the clock.) When your watch is charging, red lightning flashes into green lightning. If your screen is empty or you see a charging cable icon and a bright red lightning bolt on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes.
- Be sure to connect the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or the USB-C Magnetic Magnetic Fast Charging cable to the USB Power Adapter, and make sure you connect the adapter all the way out.
- Be sure to use the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or the USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable that comes with your Apple Watch.
- Completely remove any plastic wrap on both sides of the charger.
- Make sure the back of your Apple Watch and the magnetic charger are clean.
- Set the back of your Apple Watch for charging. Charging magnets align your Apple Watch, and you should see a bright green light on the face of the clock.
- If your Apple Watch no longer charges, force it to restart. Press and hold both side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo.
- Try the Apple Watch Magnetic fast charging cable or USB-C fast charging cable, as well as a separate USB power adapter. If your Apple Watch has expired, you may need to wait a few minutes for the green light to appear after you start charging your device.
Find out what to do if your How to Solved Jailbroken iPhone or iPad Randomly Crashing.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.